Massage Therapy Aftercare
MASSAGE THERAPY AFTERCARE
The following aftercare advice is essential to help reduce the risk of treatment complications, to improve your comfort and to help achieve the best possible results from treatment.
Please follow the aftercare advice for massage therapy.
- Avoid drinks with alcohol or caffeine for 12 hours, as they may cause dehydration.
- Avoid any strenuous exercise or exhausting activity for the next 12 hours, to help your body rest, relax and de-stress further.
- Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.
- Avoid a hot bath for 24 hours after the massage.
- Avoid sunbeds and UV light for 48 hours after the massage.
- Contact your therapist if you experience any side effects.
- Any muscle aches or headache afterwards you can take simple over the counter pain killers such as paracetamol and Ibuprofen (if medically safe for you).
- If you are concerned about any problems or side effects following massage therapy, then you must contact your therapist for advice as soon as possible.